Time : 4.30-5.30pm
Focus : Reading
Topic ：Let's Celebrate
Theme : World Of Knowledge
Content learning : 2.2
Standard learning : 2.2.1a, 2.2.3
Objectives : At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
1. read and apply word recognition and word attack skills by matching
words with graphics.
2. read and understand sentences in linear and non-linear
Teaching Aids : pictures cards, word card, video
Added value : creativity, TMK
Activities as below:
1. Set induction : 6 minutes
-showing pupils the real "angpau", talk about it......
-teacher explains the meaning,the significance of red 'angpau',
-then bring out the theme and the topic of the lesson.
2nd step: 15 minutes
-showing the pupils a variety pictures which print out from internet,
-look and say, pupils name the special festival celebration one by one- in depth
explanation by teacher.
Picture of the Lunar New Year
Red Laterns everywhere
3rd step: 15 minutes
- showing the pupils word cards, pupils read and understand the words in linear and
non-linear texts with guidance.
- read the words repeatly ( read individual& in group )
**Happy Chinese New Year** ** Selamat Hari Raya**
**Happy Deepavali ** ** Merry Christmas**
4th step : 10 minutes
- pupils read the simple sentences. (repeatly)
** The Muslims celebrate Hari Raya.
** The Chinese celebrate Chinese New Year.
** The Hindus celebrate Deepavali.** The Christians celebrate Christmas.
5th step : 10 minutes
- using the same material /ABM, doing some activities.
- Match the pictures to the correct words in groups.
- the gift will given to the fastest group whose match the words with pictures
Last step : 4 minutes
- play music of Chinese New Year song from computer.
- pupils watch to the skrin, sing the song and do the actions together.
- enjoy the song.